Magical Realism, Writing, Fiction, Politics, Haiku, Books



lunes, octubre 08, 2012

TTFN

I was thinking that I'd just walk away, and stop posting for a while, and that I'd come back in November, after the election, and see whether I felt like posting some more. I could just go. Quietly. Disappear myself. Self deport. I leave aside any speculation as to whether my not writing would be noticed.

Then I thought that might be rude. I mean: I've been here since August, 2005.I've written 1,365 essays. There have been more than 100,000 page views. In other words, I've been sitting in that chair in the corner of the collective living room for a while. Sometimes I left my beer bottles on the floor, sometimes I had flowers and poetry for others. So maybe the right thing to do is to say something before I get out of the chair and just up and leave. Something like this:

Well, I'm going to go off and have an adventure or two, and do some different things for a while, and so I probably won't be seen around here for a month or so. Maybe longer. I'm fine. There's nothing wrong. Everything is good. It's just that it's time for a new adventure. Or two. In the material world. So, while I'm gone, it's ok for somebody else to sit in my chair. To take it over, make it your own. It's comfortable. And when you sit in this corner, it's ok to be erratic, and even cranky sometimes. It's ok to talk about yourself in the third person. Just try to be entertaining, ok? That's it. Well, I reckon I got to light out for the territory ahead.

Etiquetas: , ,