Magical Realism, Writing, Fiction, Politics, Haiku, Books



martes, abril 17, 2007

And Now Appearing


Marcel Proust, the father of blogging

Google is such a useful tool. With its help I've been assembling a wonderful list of literary blogs ("links", a "blogroll", if you will). The list is published to the right of this post. You'll note that it is not alphabetical or organized in any other readily discernible way. I like it like that. One can randomly pick a site with an intriguing name, click on it, and be transported to a place far away. And when one arrives, one can linger and sample the fare. As Proust wrote, "Let us be grateful to people who make us happy: They are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."

Blogging being what it is, hopefully a participatory genre, and being an optimist when all is said and done, I thought, "I wonder what lit blogs others would recommend to add to my list?" After all, there really isn't a limitation to the number of blogs I can link to. And maybe others (thats you, dear reader) know of some I would treasure but haven't found yet.

And so, this request: please tell me your suggestions. As Proust pointed out,"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes."

Etiquetas: , ,