Magical Realism, Writing, Fiction, Politics, Haiku, Books



miércoles, agosto 31, 2005

Never Never Never Never Say This

It's really quite simple. I wrote that it takes 2 days to get to desde Desdemona from everywhere, so I wasn't surprised that it actually took me 2 days to get to desde Desdemona on my recent trip. What amazed me was that to get home it took me about 4 days of calamity, two of them at the airport of a major Caribbean Capital, the name of which I am not now disclosing, and an evening sleeping on a bench, along with others stranded by the storm that ultimately devastated New Orleans and the US Gulf Coast. What did I say or think or do to deserve this stressful experience? I don't know. But if you do, please do yourself a favor, don't say or think it any more. And if you know what it is, please post it in the comments below so that none of us will say or think it again.